Oxford School Shooting Suspect Appears in Court, Enters Plea in Massacre That Killed Four Classmates

The 15-year-old high school sophomore accused of fatally shooting four of his classmates and injuring several more people has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges.

As the Detroit Free Press reports, Ethan Crumbley appeared virtually for his second arraignment Wednesday during which his attorney entered not guilty plea on his behalf. Crumbley is the suspected gunman in a November 30 massacre at Oxford High School in Oxford, Michigan.

Crumbley is being held without bail in the Oakland County Jail and will be tried as an adult.

As Fox 2 reports, a number of pending issues surrounding Crumbley’s incarceration and trial remain unaddressed after Wednesday’s brief hearing. According to that report, at attorney for Crumbley said last week that the teen could at some point enter a guilty plea in anticipation of a possible plea agreement.

“I do think there’s a possibility (of a plea),” Paulette Michal Loftin told Fox 2 last week. “It is too early. We haven’t reviewed all of the discovery yet; there is still some forthcoming. I think it’s too early to jump to that phase, but that is a definite possibility.”

According to the Fox 2 report, another hearing has been scheduled for January 19. It is not know at this time whether this will be an in-person hearing or remain virtual due to the covid pandemic.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Leave a Reply